09 Jul Recommended Vehicle Service Intervals
Have you ever said or have heard anyone that you know mention that their car fell apart right after the warranty period ended?
The fact that your car is suddenly having issues after the warranty period is not a mistake. It is intentional. It does not mean you purchased a crappy car.
The vehicle manufacturers often use a long warranty period as a selling tool for their products. If you think the car maker has your best interests in mind, you would be wrong. It is all about their budget and bottom line.
During the design and build process of a car, the lead engineers, marketing, and accounting teams will meet to figure out, “What is the most reasonable amount of time the car can remain reliable with the least amount of maintenance and money spent by the manufacturer to get it through the warranty period?”
This is why we see such things as 10,000 mile oil change intervals and the disappearance of transmission services from the maintenance schedule. Which is crazy…
If you purchased your car and want it to last and greatly reduce the chance of expensive repairs, we suggest the following maintenance intervals for all modern cars in general:
- Oil change every 5,000 miles or once a year if hardly driven.
- Air Filters every 15,000 miles.
- Cabin filters for AC System and Heating and ventilations system every year.
- Windshield Wipers every year.
- Transmission Service every 30,000 miles or 5 years.
- Differential and Transfer case fluid changes every 50,000 miles or 6 years.
- Spark Plugs and Coil Ignition Packs every 60,000 miles.
- Oxygen Sensors every 90,000 miles or 8 years.
- Fuel filters ever 60,000 miles.
- In tank fuel pump filters every 100,000 miles or 8 years.
- Brake Fluid replacement every 2 years.
- Coolant/ Antifreeze replacement every 4 years.
- Power Steering Fluid and filter, if equipped, every four years.
– OUR MISSION –
To schedule an appointment for major or minor service, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-831-3730. We welcome you to stop by our shop at 2099 S 10th St, Unit 40, San Jose, CA 95112. If you have any questions about your auto’s performance or maintenance, don’t be shy about asking our friendly staff for assistance.